Sunday 25 June 2017

Strongholds

Wow so the last time I posted was March... which is almost four months ago.
Sheesh.
Lots of things have happened since that last post and I don't think I'll go into any of it now.
One day there will be a post about everything but today is not that day.

About a month ago now I was tuned into Bible Believer's Baptist's Wednesday night sermon. Pastor Peacock has a question and answer time before the service and I guess one of the questions was about whether or not a saved person can be devil possessed.

No, we can't be devil possessed, but we can let the devil have strongholds in our lives.
I never thought about it but the things we allow ourselves give the devil a home in us.

Our speaker at a ladies retreat once said, referring to husbands, 'ranting in your mind gives place to the devil'.
Then pastor Peacock said this 'when you're mad at someone, the devil has built a home in you and Jesus will not share His home with the devil'.

You know, when you're reading your bible, praying, and 'drawing nigh' to God but you don't feel nigh?
Maybe it's a stronghold.
Maybe there is a devil's stronghold in your life.

One of the things Pastor Peacock said was, 'when you tell a lie you are telling the devil you are more comfortable with him living in you then Jesus'. He went on to include white lies.

He also said 'if you still so much as a paperclip you'd still $25000 given the right opportunity'.

I'm not going to rehash his whole sermon. I took notes. I was writing furiously the whole time.

God is good.
He wants us to be close to Him. He shows us how.

Sorry for the short post. I'll be back soon!
Give this sermon a listen- it will help you

No comments:

Post a Comment