Wednesday 14 October 2015

The Sermon

Grateful

I am currently on vacation.
My sister's-in-law, and husband wanted to do something grand for their mother's 70th so we're all at a house in the coastal Lincoln City.
It's lovely here and I'm thoroughly enjoying having nothing on my plate.
At home I am always doing something and I firmly decided that I would get the most relaxation by doing nothing.
Except devotions. Devotions are a necessary part of relaxation. Walking with God makes everything peaceful and keeps my very strong emotions in check.

I always wonder if I had complete freedom to knit all the time, would I do it?
The answer is yes, yes I very well would.
Today while my son, husband, and everyone else was napping I got to sit by the hot tub, knit, and listen to sermons.
I happened upon a sermon that soothed my heart, soul, and spirit.
It contained many things that I have been thinking of recently. It reaffirmed somethings that have been questioned recently and it gave me strength.
I spent the most enjoyable few hours, on my own, hearing from God.

Please, if you have a moment, take time to listen to this sermon.
It is called The Best Things I Have Ever Learned by Dilbert Terry.
It was such a joy and blessing to hear it.
When I lead people to the Lord, this will be the first sermon I direct them to- it encompasses that much.
The Lord bless you and keep you.

The Best Things I Have Ever Learned- Dilbert Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment