Monday 16 March 2015

Preach the Word- Help in time of need

I love good sermons.
A good sermon carries you for a while. It can deeply convict, deeply move, deeply comfort, or do all three.
Good sermons are hard to come by.
Good preachers are hard to come by.

I had some trouble this weekend. It's not rare, I make a lot of mistakes and they all get me into trouble. The thing about trouble- especially trouble that arises from a personality defect- is admitting to it and growing from it.

God is good. He 'knoweth our frame' and is ever merciful. He knows when we want to change and gives us the tools to do so. After I got myself into trouble this weekend I went to God in prayer and listened to this sermon by Reg Kelly:
The next day I listened to this:
No, they are not the most in depth, convicting sermons you will ever hear, but they helped me a lot.
They helped put my life in perspective and put my priorities back in order.
They helped me move on from my mistake and look at it objectively and biblically.
God does not leave us hanging when we are in the wrong. He has so many ways for us to go to Him to learn and grow.
Another great help is taking it to God in prayer. Sometimes you can't talk to the other party. Sometimes you should'nt lest you say something you'll deeply regret. Take it to God and He will handle it for you.

I hope this was a help to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment