Thursday 2 April 2015

A Virtuous Woman series- Introduction part 2

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting
the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure,
making wise the simple.
The statutes of the Lord are right,
rejoicing the heart: the commandment of
the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring
for ever: the judgments of the Lord are
true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,
yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than
honey and the honeycomb.
Moreover by them is thy servant
warned: and in keeping of them there is
great reward.
Psalm 19:7-11

Before I post any teaching in this series I want to make one thing clear: the Bible is the only source.

For precept must be upon precept,
precept upon precept; line upon line, 
line upon line; here a little, and there
a little:
Isaiah 28:10
The bible defines the bible.
I do not use my own definitions, dictionaries, commentaries, the 'originals' to define the bible. If I want to know what a word means I look at how God uses it throughout the bible.
God's definition is the only definition I'll use.

Another thing: prove what you believe.
Just because someone is a great leader does not mean they are right on all their doctrine and teachings. You need to be fully persuaded in your own mind (Romans 14:5) through your own growth and study.

I fully intend to do an in depth study of each woman described in Proverbs. I will be looking into every verse they are mentioned, the words associated with them, and the context they are put in.
There will be times I look at a word that is very common to us and easily defined. The more armed you are with knowledge of how God uses a word, the more you will learn from passages containing that word.

Please be patient with me and bear these things in mind.
Remember, this is the Word of God. Every word is pure (Proverbs 30:5) and placed for a divine reason.
I pray this study is a blessing to everyone who comes across it.


No comments:

Post a Comment